Sunday, August 17, 2008

Bleck-y Weekend


Mini golfing
Originally uploaded by suzipaw
It was a long busy week back at work. My new assistant started on Wednesday, and I'm hopeful for a happy match. I was actually pleased to be back at work, despite the long days--I heard a good piece of news and some funny gossip my first day back, and that definitely contributed to positive outlook. And I'm really lucky to like everyone I work with these days--I certainly don't take that for granted.

M and I took my niece out for dinner and a round of mini-golf on Thursday evening. She's back off to college--can't believe she's already starting her sophomore year! Time, she is a-flying. I need to visit her new apartment this fall.

I saw M off on his fishing trip before 6:00 a.m. on Saturday, went back to bed to have some bad dreams, got up in time to chat with a friend who was picking up clay and supplies to take up to Mom, then started feeling pretty crappy. I made it to the farmers market for peaches, strawberries, tomatoes, but then had to get horizontal. Much to Veronica's delight ("human is finally understanding the Zen of feline repose!"), I spent the day watching Olympic gymnastics on M's laptop and reading in bed, watching the rest of West Side Story and Enchanted lying down in the TV room, always accompanied by her. I couldn't stomach much besides a handful of strawberries and an ear of corn--which maybe is not such a bad thing, I'd love to lose a few pounds before my NY trip next month. My skin ached, I had chills, and lying down was the only way my stomach wouldn't hurt so much. Around 10:00 p.m. last night the pain got so bad I made a little altar in front of the toilet and tried to upchuck whatever it was, but not much came up. I had a pretty good night's sleep, aside from Veronica meowing loudly in my ear and dragging her belly fur across my neck in a vain attempt to make me get up and give her some tuna (she slept in her own room after that). I do feel better today and hope to get a few things accomplished, work- and craft-wise (I need to finish off the Flip video cozy I started last week:

M will be back from his fishing trip on Tuesday. It was fun helping him plan his equipment and menu, which for some mysterious reason did not include, um, fish. I miss him and sleeping with Rex, but Veronica is quite happy to have them gone and me to herself. He has a part time job overseeing the Small Claims clinic, which is a good start.

1 Comments:

At 12:54 PM, August 19, 2008, Blogger Mark said...

I hope you're feeling better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home