Saturday, June 28, 2008

Off to Wilbur

I'm leaving to visit Grandma this morning, and can't wait! It will be great to see her. I'm flying out of our local airport for the first time in years--I'm not checking any bags, so I don't have to leave until about an hour before the flight. If I had been flying out of Oakland, I would've been on the road by now.

The smoky atmosphere seems to be better today, but more fires may be on the way due to electrical storms forecast for the area. What a sad situation. The fireworks stands that are being set up seem completely ridiculous. The bad air quality does make me very grateful for the high emissions standards we have. I remember smog alerts and yellow-gray air growing up in Southern California, and am glad to not have to put up with unnatural skies and irritated throat and eyes all day every day.

I'm blaming the smoke for my low spirits this week, but life also just seems to be steamrolling poor little me. The conference earlier this week (which seems like ages ago now!) went well, but took me away from home for a few days. I visited the podiatrist for the MRI results on Wednesday, which were good in that the lump on my toe is only a cyst, but the draining process was somewhat painful and I have to wear a compression bandage for a week to encourage it to "scar down" to prevent a recurrence. Not painful, but annoying. Between the shoulder sutures, cyst, and travel, I haven't been to the gym in weeks, and I can tell I'm gaining weight, ugh, and I'm sure that's not helping my mood either. Wednesday was also our third wedding anniversary and it was all we could do to eat take-out Chinese in front of the tube as our celebration. The looming Bar exam is adding to the pall--M's mind is just always elsewhere. I know that's how it needs to be, but this last month is very hard. And will only get harder--but the days are flying by and soon it will be over. I'm sure awaiting the results for three and a half months will make this time seem positively gay.

On a happier note, I hope you have a great 75th birthday tomorrow, Dad!

1 Comments:

At 8:13 AM, June 29, 2008, Blogger bren said...

I'm glad about the MRI results. Hi to Beulah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home