Monday, December 31, 2012

Resolution

I've been thinking about it quite a bit lately, and it--the traditional ritual for starting the New Year--and my resolution will be singular in 2013. I usually resolve to do a variety of mores and lesses: more exercise, less food, more writing, less drinking, more fun, less stress. I've made some progress on most of my usual resolutions. 2012 had a lot of fun times and while there were plenty of stressful occasions, I think I'm dealing with them better. I also didn't reach my ultimate weight loss goal, but I have lost enough to feel more comfortable, thanks in great part to using the Fitbit. I have gotten in better shape than I thought I would--my reverse crunches are less pitiful and I can hold planks, my most despised exercise, for a whole minute. It's helped that the exercise classes in my early morning time slot have improved.

The one perennial resolution I haven't felt very satisfied with is "more writing." I've managed to keep the blog moving along, but I my creative writing projects have just sort of evaporated. I've always wanted to write a book and I'm not getting any younger fer cryin' out loud. So I figure if I have just one goal this year to focus on, it might actually happen. I think about my writers group friend Julia, and how after many years, she's a published author! I'd like to hold my own novel in my hands too. Keep good thoughts for me.

 The holiday has been lovely. I've been away from the office for two weekends and the work week in between. We didn't go anywhere or have any house guest--M's mom and sister are coming this weekend instead of Christmas week. It's become apparent that the house would be a lot cleaner if I didn't have to work. I cleaned out the hall closet as well as my craft room, and that feels like a nice way to start the year. My craft table has been cleared of all projects in anticipation of wordsmithing. For Christmas Day, M and I went for foot soaks and massages and took in The Hobbit. It's been a lot of sleeping, a few gym classes much later in the morning, and visiting with friends. I've kept up with email, which has been very light, so even though the first couple of weeks back at work will be pretty intense (we have a lot of strategy meetings coming up to plan for the rest of the year), I'm not dreading "re-entry."

 So, happy 2013! M and I are off to ring in the new year with family.

1 Comments:

At 8:34 PM, January 01, 2013, Blogger Brenda said...

I think that's a wonderful resolution for 2013.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home