Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Theme from "The Twilight Zone" Here

When I lived in New York, one of my favorite cheap dining spots was 6th Street, in the East Village. The south side was lined with hole-in-the-wall Indian restaurants, all outlandishly decorated (purple fur walls, copious strings of Christmas lights year-round) and blasting loud music. The menus hardly varied from establishment to establishment, leading to the suspicion that one large kitchen under the street served all of the restaurants. We had a similar theory for the shoe store block on 12th Street when the same pair of extra large Doc Martens showed up in a different store when M was shoe shopping.

This memory has returned to me because I've been "shopping" for wedding invitations. I have my heart set on letterpress invites, despite the Magic 8 Ball's noncommittal replies. (I think I have to face the fact that I just can't afford to spend $10 per person on invites, however...) So I've been writing letterpress places in the Bay Area for estimates, and both responses have come from Susies. Well, OK, one spelled her name with a "z," but still, very odd.

In other wedding news, M and I have planned a trip to Chico the first week of February to actually see the reception spot and talk to caterers and officiants. It'll be a quick visit, but we've got to get these big things taken care of...

1 Comments:

At 10:38 PM, January 20, 2005, Blogger R. B. Patrascu said...

But wait! Maybe you are mis-interpretting the signs! Maybe it means that you (erstwhile Susie that you are) are meant to save $ on the invites by changing your career and becoming a stationeer...uh... stationeerist....stationeerer. Whatever. You know what I mean.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home