Thursday, September 29, 2005

More Music

So I meant to ask you this in my last post, but forgot: What was your first big musical event?

Mine was Pink Floyd, the "Animals" tour, at the sold-out Oakland Coliseum. Oh how I was mesmerized by the sheer din and roar of the crowd when the colossal mirrored pinwheel rose from the stage. And when the enormous farm animal balloons sailed to the ceiling--genius! I'm sure the music was good too.

*****

I've read this before, but just came across it again on Sans Serif, and thought I'd remind/introduce you to it: People I'm going to sleep with now that you're gone." Funny. Well written. And yes, it's adult material.

*****

I'm making a concerted effort to clean out our freezer. And by "clean out" I mean consume. I can't remember exactly when I bought that tamale pie and box of vegetable samosas from Trader Joes. I can't even remember the season, much less the month. That lone bun is no longer being shifted around from corner to corner. I think there's some applesauce from last year--surely M will enjoy it on his next piece of pork? I finally finished off that last bit of extra pesto I made this summer that wouldn't fit in the jar so it sat on top wrapped in clingwrap. One thing that will remain in the icebox, along with the ice: a container with a gel-filled first-aid wrap. One never knows when one might need a cold compress.

So I leave you with another question: Anything interesting in your freezer?

3 Comments:

At 7:21 PM, September 29, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unspeakable horrors, I'm afraid - a month of decay. I plan to drag my fridge out into the yard before I open it. A friend of mine duct-taped his shut and just stuck it on the curb for pick-up. But I am NOT complaining!

- Cousin Rob (Now In Nashville!)

 
At 4:34 PM, October 01, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My first big musical event was the Rolling Thunder Review which featured Joan Baez, Joni Mitchell, Bob dylan and others. A friend of the family, my parent's age, took me. It was great! I just cleaned out my freezer, but am sorry to say that I threw many, many things away!
Kamala

 
At 8:30 PM, October 02, 2005, Blogger Anonymous Me said...

My first big music event was a Shaun Cassidy concert when I was twelve years old. I went with my best friend and her mom. Is that cool or what??

Nothing interesting in my freezer. I try not to look

 

Post a Comment

<< Home