Wednesday, September 14, 2005

What Would You Do?

"Pete. This is Tony. It's about a quarter to 2 Phoenix time. Could you give me a call, please? I've got some bad news for you. Bye."

There's one other person in the phone book with the same surname, so sometimes I get his calls. Should I call John and let him know that he didn't dial Pete's house? What if it's some sort of trap or scam?

*****

Scenes from a suburb:


I love waffles. And I particularly love waffles made in my beautiful waffle iron from the 1920s. It's a little tricky to operate--the "thermostat" is judging whether or not it should be unplugged for a while to cool off--but oh how tasty to eat.



M has a new way to blow off steam: his potato gun. Even I fired it off once, into the hillside behind our house. Thank goodness we have open space nearby. I don't think there are any more homeless people back there, but as a friend at work cracked, at least we'd be sending food their way. The potato gun has proven deadly--M dispatched a rat with it (the rat had the misfortune to be rummaging through the garage garbage can). Eew.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home