Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Casa de Axcock Update

The calvary arrived last night in the form of Mom, who came down a day early for her errands to lend moral support. We did some shopping today, and it was such a relief not to be the one driving.

M came home from the hospital this morning. Rex is ecstatic. He's going to get healthy, and then they'll resect his bowel. (M, not Rex.) Nice, huh? But I guess if one gets diverticulitis early, one gets it often, so why not nip it in the bud? reasons the surgeon. He's on a low fiber diet for a while and then will be bumped up to a high fiber diet. One more line to check on the nutritional information chart.

Tomorrow the Wonder Wagon gets hauled away, most likely never to return. Not sure how the transportational elements will all fit together next week when I want to get to the gym at 6:00 a.m. and M needs to be at school by 6:00 p.m., but I'm sure FSM will provide. I don't expect that my next chariot will be as roomy inside or out, and I'm a little bummed about that. But I think this is the point where I express gratitude that last week didn't bankrupt me and that I'm in a position to successfully finance another vehicle in the first place. Yes.

I helped Mom sign up for a Flickr account a few moments ago. Now if I can just convince other friends and family members (you know who you are!) to start posting pix on Flickr. Or the online photo sharing site of your choice. You don't have to blog or send me email or real letters to stay in touch. And no calls, please! Photos will do just fine, thank you very much.

One of the errands we ran today was to Trader Joe's for groceries, and I was so excited to purchase tiramisu gelato, one of the gastronomic highlights of my seems-like-forever-ago trip to Florence. But verily, it was not the same. Icy, not creamy. Well, guess I'll just have to go back to Italy one o' these days. Soon. Or maybe it's just an overwhelming feeling that I need to escape my life for a while, that this return has been a nightmare and I'll wake up to find myself in that narrow, short cot at the Residenza le Rondini and come home to my real life, the one that doesn't include hospitals and California Highway Patrolmen and unemployment forms. It could happen...

2 Comments:

At 10:33 AM, November 10, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you mean "No calls, please"? You don't want people to call you on the telephone, just send photos??

 
At 11:24 AM, November 10, 2005, Blogger suzanne said...

Hi Anonymous, who are you?

If you know me, you know I like calls, but not many.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home