Monday, May 08, 2006

Road Trip Report


with Katch at Hearst Castle
Originally uploaded by suzipaw.
Well, it was a lovely weekend, all in all. My friend suffered from some gastrointestinal discomfort, but gamely toured Hearst Castle and the quaint village of Cambria. We walked on several beaches, saw elephant seals, ate pretty well, visited the local cemetery, watched FoodTV and plastic surgery shows (no connection, I'm sure!), window shopped, enjoyed car conversations and companionable silences, took in gorgeous coastal views coming back up via Big Sur…we packed in quite a bit in just 48 hours.

So it was hard going back to work today. In fact, I decided I have to take Friday off to recover. M and I will head out to see a friend of his in a band touring through Ukiah after his Thursday night class, so that works out well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home