Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Finally!

That sound you heard last night? It was the craft fairies' cry of astonishment as I put the last stitches into the lining of the purse I had felted, oh, ages ago. Those adorable little red sandals I purchased last week needed a matching bag. Well, OK, I actually also purchased a petite matching bag over the weekend. But the sandals were motivation enough to finish off my felted bag so I could carry more or less depending on my mood. Thank goodness I received several compliments on both accessories today--including from my podiatrist who said she really shouldn't approve of such footwear, but they're so dang cute!


Just be glad I spared you the shot of the purse with my big ol' flabby tricep in the foreground. It had a nice angle otherwise and after downloading I found out Rex had managed to sneak into the frame, but you very well may have been blinded.

*****

Many tense conversations at work today, but balanced by a lovely lunch with a couple of former workmates I don't see nearly enough. I'm hopeful tomorrow will be better. And now, off to watch "Ugly Betty."

*****

Oh, one last thing--was this Randy Old Guys Day? I had a couple of gents (well, OK, maybe one was my age, but well, that's old) smile and wink at me today while shopping at Whole Foods after my visit to the foot doc and I was beginning to think my makeup had gone terribly awry or someone had slapped a sign to the back of the thrift store dress I was wearing that I often wonder if it's actually PJs rather than public attire. Maybe they had some sort of twisted bet going? Or maybe it was the sandals...

6 Comments:

At 4:08 AM, May 29, 2008, Blogger K2 said...

I think it was the bag.

 
At 6:25 AM, May 29, 2008, Blogger elm said...

Thank you, I laughed out loud for several minutes. Laughing is good for you right?

 
At 6:46 AM, May 29, 2008, Blogger Michelle said...

Lovin' the red bag!

 
At 3:23 PM, May 29, 2008, Blogger Sara said...

Love the bag.

 
At 5:23 PM, May 29, 2008, Blogger Kamala! said...

I need a picture of the sandals.

 
At 5:31 PM, May 29, 2008, Blogger Kamala! said...

Plus, love the monkey on the lining-do you have a special fabric store where you shop, like Mood in NYC where the Project Runway people go?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home