Saturday, May 03, 2008

Getting Back to the Blog


More roses
Originally uploaded by suzipaw
Hi there! I've been too tired to post and not feeling like I've had anything interesting to share lately. But I've missed you. Here's what new with me, in no particular order:

The big April conference is over, thank goodness. We're leaping on to other shows now of course, I'll be in Burlingame in just over a week, but work has ebbed from the edge of freaky.

I finished my glass fusing class and picked up the last of the projects today--I'll post pics later. I'm pretty happy with the way things came out. An artist friend had given me some smaller pieces of glass to use, including a piece of "striker," meaning that it completely changes color in the kiln, in this case from clear to pink. On my last project day, I started working with it, but lost track of which pieces were the striker and which were the regular clear stuff, so some of the colors that came out were a bit of a surprise. I had intended to make mostly jewelry, but dang those little pieces of glass are hard to work with. I definitely want to take the class again, though I'll have to wait til fall.

I've signed up for Twitter, mostly in a professional capacity. I've decided it's blogging for people with ADD.

The car has been in and out of the shop lately, which has been a bit of a hassle, but a sneaky way to spend more time with the hubby since he "gets" to chauffeur me around. It's so sad to have a luxury car where half of the stuff doesn’t work--part of the fun of having an older luxury car. But now the passenger seat can be adjusted again, and I've been assured that the brakes are in good condition. It's just that dang AC. It's going to be a long hot summer, I can feel it, and I'd really like that to work. But the box was damaged, so they're having a hard time pinning down what's wrong. I'm not looking forward to the bill for this last round

I've been working a little in the yard and around the house, motivated mostly by M's upcoming graduation party and by the fact that it's now or never for our annual carpet cleaning chore--once he starts his formal Bar review study, I won't see much of him. (He's contemplating sending out a note to everyone letting them know that he won't be interacting with anyone until August and to not take it personally--it wasn't until later that I realized it was a big hint for me, too.) I've emptied most of the wine half-barrels of soil (only found one of Rex's bones, that was a surprise) and dragged the planters-nee-water troughs into place. There's some yard leveling to do before they can be permanently sited, which seems like it will entail a rototiller. And I'm going to have to buy another trough. And then there's the filling with dirt part--that will be a process! Dang they're big. But I'll have plenty of space to try out more flowers and little garden things. I guess I should take it as a compliment that M insisted on the larger ones. I saved a few of the barrels that hadn't been chewed through by the gophers to repot the redwood tree sprouts in--they're going to have to spend another year in containers since I didn't get them in the ground in time during the rainy season. I also came across a few dahlia bulbs that the gophers hadn't gotten to…and in fact, I should probably get out there and container them up before they dry out.

I leave you with a photo from friend who is traveling in France and Spain this week:


2 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, May 05, 2008, Blogger R. B. Patrascu said...

Thanks for the update. I love your description of Twitter!

 
At 7:15 PM, May 17, 2008, Blogger Kamala! said...

Suzanne, where are you?!! I'm going through withdrawal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home