Saturday, May 16, 2009

On My Way to Grandma's…Eventually

Due to mechanical delays, my flight to Seattle for the connection to Spokane has been delayed for 281 minutes. Horizon Air was very good about sending me the email confirming that it was on time this morning, so I didn't find out about the delay until M had dropped me off at the airport and was on his way to do only God knows what men do when their wives are out of town. Luckily, there are lots of flights between Seattle and Spokane, so as long as I get to Seattle today I'll also get to Spokane. Eventually. It doesn't look like I'll get to see Grandma tonight as I'd hoped, and I'm sad about that. On the bright side, I'm not cooling my heels in the airport--M picked me up again, and we went for a round of appliance comparison shopping at Sears on the way home, so at least I'm making good use of my unexpected time in town. And I had wanted to blog before going but didn't leave myself enough time--and here I've got time all of the sudden. I do have to check in with the airline in a few minutes to see if the plane won't be as delayed as they thought, but a phone number is yet to be found. Sneaky, that.

On the home improvement front, we had two countertop estimates yesterday. Sears came in at twice the price of the local countertop firm, so they're out, though we'll likely purchase appliances from them. We'll probably get at least one more estimate for countertops. I'm liking the idea of spreading the money around--we'll get paint and hardware from a local home improvement store most likely, and flooring from the neighborhood remnants shop. It was also instructive in that both countertop guys recommended that we do the floors last, so we've changed our timeline a bit. Which will work out fine. We've also started painting swatches on the walls. I'm getting really excited, though I'm sure that will be tempered when my kitchen is torn up. But it's been a long time coming and I'm looking forward to inhabiting more aesthetically pleasing surroundings. I wonder if it will make me feel more comfortable entertaining…

Happy birthday, Mark!

1 Comments:

At 6:59 AM, May 18, 2009, Anonymous icestone said...

It is always good to get more than just one estimate on a coutnertop

 

Post a Comment

<< Home