Sunday, May 03, 2009

Stuff Post


Mobius wrap
Originally uploaded by suzipaw
Forgot to mention that, in between rows of Myla's blanket, I finished this shawly-poncho thing. It was supposed to be a "stash buster" (meaning, not a law enforcement official raiding your marijuana holdings, as some might read it, but rather, using up some yarn bought on whim because you can't help yourself because it's so lovely even though you don't have an actual project in mind) but of course I wanted to define the mobius idea so "had" to buy a little accent yarn. I think I still used up more yarn than I purchased, which was the goal. And, the project was a good excuse to pop into and give a little support to the newest yarn shop in town, always a good thing.

M and I had lunch in Railroad Square yesterday and afterwards stopped to admire, for the second time in as many weeks, some milk glass pieces in the window of a thrift shop. You may know that I have a weakness for milk glass. He does, and so bought this pitcher for my collection, despite the extraordinary sticker shock.

Doesn't it set off the roses nicely?

We went to see Adventureland last night. Yes, we actually left the house for an activity *after* 8:30 p.m.! Despite our chilly, nasty surroundings (there's a reason why movie theaters keep the lights low), I recommend it.

4 Comments:

At 5:12 AM, May 04, 2009, Blogger Kamala! said...

The shawl, vase and roses are all gorgeous!

 
At 5:54 PM, May 04, 2009, Blogger bren said...

I agree, very lovely all.

 
At 6:39 AM, May 05, 2009, Blogger Michelle said...

I love your wrap!

 
At 5:22 PM, May 08, 2009, Blogger Anonymous Me said...

I'd never even heard the word milk glass - it's really beautiful. And the mobius shawl, too - very cool. And we also really enjoyed Adventureland.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home