Friday, April 23, 2010

Off to Tahoe


Paternal relations
Originally uploaded by suzipaw
So I had a fun time last weekend at the shower for baby Sophia, but it went by too fast. I miss my brothers and their families very much.

Work continues to be stressful but I took yesterday and today off to hopefully tame that stress a bit. I see that I already have 639 unread email messages, and all of Friday lies ahead, argh. But...that will just have to wait. I had a lovely time relaxing and puttering and meeting M for lunch yesterday and want to replicate that for the next three days.

I guess there's still snow in Tahoe so I'm a little nervous about driving. The speedometer in the Monster Mobile is misbehaving, adding to the week's stress. I mentioned to one of our regular fellow-dog walkers yesterday that I was going to Tahoe, and his advice was to be sure to fill up the tank with gas as soon as I arrived, so that if we lost all of our money gambling we'd be able to get home. I think he still dwells in the pre-credit card mindset. But that might make for a good story, wouldn't it?

2 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, April 24, 2010, Blogger elm said...

HAVE FUN IN TAHOE. SORRY ABOUT THE STRESS. I REALLY LIKE MY SISTER'S DRESS AND HAIRCUT.
(i am one armed for awhile, so i have abandoned capitals and thought all capitals my be easier in my hunting and peckinG)

 
At 6:52 AM, April 26, 2010, Blogger bren said...

thanks, dear sis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home