Sunday, March 21, 2010

Happy Spring!

I'm in the Applebox, waiting for writing pals to join me. There's a young couple across from me meeting with a somewhat older woman (she's probably my age), she mentioned something about her "services" and she's asking them questions about their "story"--maybe she's going to officiate at their wedding? Nice to think about.

I've had a hard time adjusting to the time change. I've really been enjoying the lighter evenings, but that means that dinner gets started later, pushing back the nightly TV watching ritual, making bedtime later, making it harder to wake up in the morning. And I seemed to have more activities than usual after work last week. On Tuesday, M and I went to a community meeting about a project that's proposed for the fairgrounds, just a couple of blocks from our house. It's a semi-permanent farmers market, kind of like the Pike's Place market in Seattle. M is very excited about it--I think he thinks that he'll never have to cook again, much as he enjoys it when he actually does it.

I also got my hair trimmed after work on Wednesday, something I normally do on weekends. My hair gal left her one-woman salon and opened a new place this month with many more stations--she's bringing in other stylists and a nail gal. It's the kind of place I never would have walked in to--too intimidating--but I'm devoted to her, so I'll continue to go. I toyed with the idea of getting a whole new 'do, but didn't. Maybe next time. Maybe I'll even get a pedicure soon, I really liked the one I got at the Luxor in Vegas over Christmas. Sandal weather is coming.

I think our fence efforts are paying off--Rex is not escaping anymore, as far as we know. M mowed the "annexed" area yesterday, and it looks really nice. I think we should plant a peach tree back there. It's my favorite fruit, and I think it would be the right size to screen the fences from our backyard view.

1 Comments:

At 6:04 PM, March 22, 2010, Blogger Kamala! said...

Sounds like the back fence thing has had you making lemonade out of lemons!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home