Tuesday, September 28, 2010

NY Update

So I've really only been out Sunday night, the day I arrived. I hear it's raining out there, and I did get a little sprinkled up when I ran out to get Thai food for dinner last night. I have no idea what the weather is like today. But I hope to find out this evening.

On Sunday, I took a long-ish walk down to Madison Square to visit Eataly. I was a little dazed from the trip--I didn't get much sleep the night before, but I enjoyed it, the walk as well as the overwhelming experience of wandering around the emporium of all things comestibly Italian. It was so crowded that my dining experience was mixed. Except for the pistachio gelato. That was exceptional. I can't stop thinking about it.

Some Manhattan observations: The parking meters have gone away--excellent. Shorts are in. As are leggings and super tight skinny jeans, bottoms tucked into hi-top Chuckie-Ts and the thick ankle straps of gladiator sandals. The current mode definitely has an '80s flavor, and I suspect this generation will later regret the style as much as I do. Things seem a little dirtier/rundown than I remember…but then again, the city is a couple years older than the last time I was here. As am I, sigh.

Here are some photos:




1 Comments:

At 8:13 AM, September 29, 2010, Blogger bren said...

It's fun to walk the streets of NY with you, if only in my imagination.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home