Sunday, December 12, 2010

Recent Recap


New scarf
Originally uploaded by suzipaw
I've taken a long break from my shrug project--it's both a little hard on my hands and frankly, boring. However, I found some very cheap cocoon yarn at Big Lots and whipped up this cozy scarf. It's a bit on the short side, so I had to figure out a closure. I was going to use some beautiful silver buttons I bought at the Grand Canyon on my 40th birthday trip, but I've found that long hair pins I have work very well and are easier than a permanent clasp of some sort.

Today M and I had fun choosing and cutting a Christmas tree. Thankfully we planned it as the second activity of the day, the first being a visit to Bed, Bath and Beyond which was a holiday vision of hell. It was cleansing to drive out to the fog-shrouded hills of West County, dreaming of what it would be like to live out in that very dear countryside. It didn't take us long to find a tree that we both liked particularly since it didn't have to be very tall--we're putting it on a chest to keep it out of range of Roxy's tail.

Since we had a "light off" at work last week and my coworkers and I had pooled every string of light we had to festoon our digs, M and I needed lights for our fresh new tree. So after the tree sawing, we swung by Big Lots--my ulterior motive of course was hoping for more cocoon yarn which someone had scooped up soon after I had been there, but I was disappointed yet again. We picked up many hundreds of feet of new lights, both for inside and out. I was excited to try white LED lights on the tree, but I must admit I'm a little disappointed--they're a bit too bluish. So I think I'll be picking up a few more feet of illumination tomorrow. Which means we still have tree decorating to look forward to this week.


4 Comments:

At 5:51 AM, December 13, 2010, Blogger bren said...

Gosh, you guys look like country folk.b

 
At 5:06 PM, December 13, 2010, Blogger K2 said...

Did you leave the buttons on? They're nice.

 
At 3:13 PM, December 17, 2010, Blogger Kamala! said...

You guys look like American Gothic in the tree photo.

 
At 6:57 AM, December 18, 2010, Blogger Anonymous Me said...

I love that scarf!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home