Sunday, October 23, 2011

Another Weekend at Home!

Last weekend was just one day, but M made my Sunday at work very palatable. He drove me down to the conference hotel, a particularly lovely hotel built in the late 1800s and waited for me to finish my duties so we could spend some time together. We had a delicious dinner at Salt House before he left for home, and that really got me off to a good start. That conference was my last one for the year, and it's such a relief.

I've spent the whole weekend at home, and it's been a wonderful two days. The weather is helping me enjoy it--it's been downright hot during the day, a sort of enforced relaxation temperature. I had breakfast (OK, a piece of homemade bread and butter, but still…) out on the deck this morning. It's almost the end of October, people! That was my second morning sojourn outside--I awoke at 4:09 a.m. and, recalling M telling me that the meteor shower would be peaking about then, I decided to check it out. I did not see unusual celestial bodies, but it was 10 minutes of star gazing well spent. What else? I finally got around to pruning the roses. We baked bread and did another round of the deep dish pizza from Cooks Illustrated. I've made very good progress on the knitted tshirt, overcoming pattern confusion to create the armholes. We went to the library book sale--I picked up a copy of Emma and a cookbook that is a companion to the Aubrey-Maturin naval fiction series by Patrick O'Brian (I can tell you I don't think I'll be making Spotted Dog or Drowned Baby anytime soon, though M is eyeing the Sea Pie recipe with enthusiasm). We watched a few episodes of the new season of "Chuck." We took a motorcycle ride this afternoon, wending our way up Westside Road amongst the vineyards just starting their descent into gold and red. We paused in Healdsburg for frozen yogurt while people watching at the pinot noir festival and then taking in the last of the very sad Raider game at a bar before heading home. Yes, a satisfying weekend indeed.

2 Comments:

At 7:02 AM, October 26, 2011, Blogger Brenda said...

Interesting weekend! Hmmmm what's with this potting every day!

 
At 8:08 PM, October 26, 2011, Blogger Brenda said...

Very good photo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home