Wednesday, June 15, 2011

On Stage!

Ignite Speakers by O'Reilly Conferences
Ignite Speakers, a photo by O'Reilly Conferences on Flickr.

One of my personal goals for the year has been to do more public speaking and despite my best efforts to procrastinate on that, it's been happening. Yesterday afternoon I was asked to be a part of Ignite, which is a fun style of presenting, generally where you get 20 slides that each automatically advance after 20 seconds. The host for this conference's Ignite incorporated a slot where ten volunteers improvised commentary on five slides each (sometimes known as PowerPoint Karaoke) and I was one of those volunteers. I was desperately hoping that more than ten other people would volunteer and I would be off the hook, but it was not to be. And I'm glad! It was fun and I got through it and hopefully that will help my confidence for next time. Who knows, maybe I could actually plan some sort of speaking engagement. I was also one of two women speakers during the event, and I was glad to represent the ladies.

Pinar, our fab conference photographer, took this shot of me--professional shooters, another advantage to speaking at conferences!

7 Comments:

At 9:48 AM, June 15, 2011, Blogger Ginny Axtell said...

Way to go! You look like a pro!

 
At 2:44 PM, June 15, 2011, Blogger Kamala! said...

Looking good, Suz. A very courageous thing to do.

 
At 5:15 PM, June 15, 2011, Blogger K2 said...

Wow, you look so relaxed and in charge! Go!

 
At 7:06 AM, June 18, 2011, Blogger Mark said...

Rock on, Sista!!!

 
At 7:13 AM, June 19, 2011, Blogger Brenda said...

Congratulations!

 
At 9:21 PM, June 19, 2011, Blogger R. B. Patrascu said...

Wow! I'm so proud of you!

 
At 7:24 AM, June 20, 2011, Blogger Brenda said...

Can we get an sudio version?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home