Tuesday, October 22, 2013

October in New York #1

I'm home briefly, in between New York trips. I did make the best of it, I think, given the short time there and long hours. I flew in Saturday evening. After work on Sunday, I met Kamala for a nice Italian dinner on Theater Row then we took in Rock of Ages.  It was a fun show with loud music, different from the movie. It's about how the seedy LA strip is being sanitized by big business--a little ironic for a show playing on Disney-fied Broadway. It was great spending more time with Kamala. Three visits in one year! It's like we're neighbors.


The conference went well. I had some fun. We had a party at Bowlmor one evening.


I worked with a nonprofit training group, Per Scholas for this one--we raised money from attendees to donate to the organization, and brought 25 students from the program to the conference on the last day, their first technical conference. Some of the conference speakers joined us for lunch for some networking. One of my colleagues and I went up to their headquarters in the South Bronx for a tour, too. I love that part of my job.



Wednesday night after the conference ended I had a lovely splurge of a dinner with my friend Cathleen at Remi. I spent Thursday morning before my flight home running pleasant errands. I bought still more pashmina shawls then visited the Fountain Pen Hospital, hoping to heal the leaky nib of my favorite Waterman and find ink cartridges for my NYU Schaeffer, but to no avail. I wandered around SoHo before the stores opened and sat in Washington Square Park for almost an hour. The weather was still warm though it was overcast that day.  Be warned--some of the late '80s are making their way back into fashion.


I haven't really had a full day off for a couple of weeks (I know, boohoo), but M and I did have a nice day on Saturday, riding the motorcycle through our beautiful countryside.

Back I go to New York on Saturday. 

2 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, October 23, 2013, Blogger Brenda said...

Wow, dear, some wonderful adventures.
I love the velocity photo!!

 
At 3:25 PM, October 23, 2013, Blogger Kamala! said...

I had the best October NYC weekend ever! Was so happy to get to see Chan and Sara et al, and to spend more time with you! Rock of Ages was very fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home