Friday, December 17, 2004

In Praise of Blogging

So I received a Christmas card from my Aunt J. She wasn't going to send cards this year, she wrote, but she wanted to respond to my post about Christmas. How cool is that? I'll have to encourage her to comment publicly in the future if the spirit moves her when she returns from the Great Family Voyage to India next month.

Also incredibly cool is that, due to apparently-random-yet-perhaps-not forces of the universe colliding, the keeper of My Oyster has a link to my blog from hers. I'm thrilled beyond words about it. I've been reading and loving her blog for a while now, so I've linked back. I feel like I'm starting a friendship--and in an utterly untraditional way. I mostly read the blogs of people I actually know, so it's particularly interesting for me to learn of a life unfolding bit by bit from someone I've never met. It harkens back a bit to the French penpal I had in high school except we aren't writing directly to each other. Perfect for an introvert like me!

1 Comments:

At 12:22 PM, December 20, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh heh heh...see, you too have been assimilated into the great big Blogosphere. It *is* cool, isn't it? :)

Julia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home