Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Horizontal Thoughts

Bring home chocolate...Bring home chocolate... M, can you feel me now?

I still haven't finished "The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay," can you believe it? I can't. I should put down the iBook (which I've recently christened Shiro--"white" in Japanese--how original!) and pick up that book. But I've had a lovely evening surfing around, particularly reading This Beats Waitressing, a blog a friend has just started, and Super Eggplant, a crafty blog that aforementioned friend turned me on to.

This morning's therapy was weeding and cutting back the parsley and sage (forget it, M already sang the rest of the song) for an hour. Why does that make me feel so good? Making the rounds of my pots and barrels, clippers in hand, is usually the first thing I do when I come home from a trip. I'm happy to report that the sweet peas are coming along nicely, as are the irises. I bought a six-pack of pansies at Longs and replaced the plants that had inexplicably withered in the front bed--most are going gangbusters. I think I'm going to have a very colorful, cheerful March and April this year...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home