Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Something Blue

Trying to Get Organized (that phrase is the running joke in "The Paper Chase," which M and I watched before he started law school and I've since adopted as my own), I was reading the 1987 edition of "Emily Post on Weddings" last night. Coulda sworn it was the 1957 edition. In the "Two Months Before the Wedding" section, number seven is "Go apartment- or house-hunting with your groom." Well, I can check that off the list. Number four in "The Month Before the Wedding" section is "Set up the tables for the display of wedding gifts." Uh-huh. Number seven in "The Day of the Wedding"? "At precisely the time stated on the invitation, the music starts and the ushers lead the procession down the aisle." So quaint!

Yes, it's official: I'm stressing about the wedding. I awoke at 4:00 a.m. this morning, and thought--not particularly productively, I might add--about the To Do list I had put together last night. Well, Rex's paws pushing into my gut might've had something to do with waking me up. But it's been a long time since I've had so many tossings and turnings...

Aside from sleeplessness, another hint that I'm stressing? I'm signing some of my email "Tink," as in Tinkerbell. Oh, the regression!

*****

An optical illusion, for your viewing enjoyment (thanks, Marsee!)

*****

I took a walk this afternoon with some of my fellow livestock here at the cube farm. We have a lovely paved trail that runs behind our office building. It was raining gently, and my sneakers got a little wet. So my socks got a little wet too. But how nice that I work in a place where I can pad about in my stocking feet until the socks dried. My usual joke about my office is that I could come to work in my pajamas and no-one would care. Actually, I don't think it is a joke. But will I test that? Hm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home