Wednesday, March 02, 2005

I can't even remember what day it is today


Nephews on the Sundial Bridge
Originally uploaded by suzipaw.
Freudian slip du jour: M and I are talking wedding talk last night, and he referred to the wedding ceremony as the wedding cemetery. Nice. He was trying to swallow it back in as soon as it was out. Kinda funny, kinda true?

Wedding freak-out averted: I called the head wedding volunteer for the Stansbury Home where we're getting married yesterday to see if I could get the piano tuned. Oh, did you book a date in June? she asks. YES--last fall! The deposit check has been cashed. But, she's no longer the wedding person anymore, and a little resentful about it, though she raved about the new wedding volunteer. We've been playing phone tag, but the new gal left a message saying that we're booked, no problem. Whew.

Wedding freak-out perhaps not averted: My soon-to-be mother-in-law called a couple of nights ago to say that she had tried to book a room in one of the motels where we have a room block reserved, but was told it was entirely booked for *another* wedding. I asked her to call again and ask for Josephine, who we spoke with when we made the block reservation, and to call me back if she still had a problem. No call yet, so I'm hoping for the best.

Laptop despair: Shiro, my iBook, crashed Monday night. Our IT guy is super tops, so he was able to save all but a few hours worth of work, and hook me up with a loaner PowerBook til Shiro comes home safely. Oh, how fragile our files are...

II want to write about how beautiful my budding freesias are. About the big rose I finally pruned today, and felt horrible for all the canes I snipped. About how I'm reading my friend Moira's first book of poems, and how beautiful they are. About how I feel manic planning the wedding, both very happy and also pressured--maybe it's because work is getting overwhelming too? Maybe another day.

1 Comments:

At 10:01 PM, March 04, 2005, Blogger R. B. Patrascu said...

Yikes! Good luck with all the pre-wedding panic and the details you still are working out. I'm glad you have M., your pets, your friend's poetry, the flowers and your sense of humor - wedding cemetery-HA! - to keep you sane. Give yourself extra time and extra space in order to stay sane. It will all go SO well, I'm sure it will.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home