Thursday, April 28, 2005

Hidden Treasure


Bird's Nest
Originally uploaded by suzipaw.
I came across this handsome and cozy nest while deadheading the yellow rose in the back yard yesterday. It's deep inside the canes. I've had a hard time photographing it, but I don't want to disturb the bird any more than I have to. When I was taking this shot, the bird was inside, and the whole thing vibrated several times. Guess I won't be spraying the rose anymore this season...

*****

Two things I've resolved to do after the Wedding Madness has receded ("lounge" is the operative word with both): Go to an open poetry reading at Zebulon's Lounge with Rebecca; and see Johnny Atomic, an old-fashioned lounge singing duo, at bar at our teeny local airport. Actually, my brother just reminded me of a third thing: see the Raiders play this fall with him and his family.

*****

Happy Slightly Belated Blogiversary to Julia!

1 Comments:

At 8:17 PM, April 30, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Suzi, I love hearing about your garden and seeing the pictures. Since I've been there, I can picture all the plants you're talking about. Since I no longer have a garden, it is nice to enjoy yours!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home