Sunday, April 10, 2005

Tomcat April 2001-April 9, 2005


tomcat washed out
Originally uploaded by suzipaw.
Tomcat's kidneys didn't regain their functions, so we put him down yesterday. I was completely awash in grief yesterday, and today it's guilt. I should've taken him to the vet right away on Wednesday rather than waiting til Thursday morning. I miss him terribly. He loved me so much. He was an innocent, and lost his life because of my preoccupation and niggardliness. I feel horrible--that word doesn't even being to express the mixture of pain and self-loathing and remorse and stupidity and selfishness--I AM horrible.

4 Comments:

At 9:08 PM, April 10, 2005, Blogger R. B. Patrascu said...

Suzanne- I am so sorry to hear about Tomcat. I'm also very saddened to hear how bitterly you feel responsible for the loss of your friend. Try to be gentle with yourself. You are a good, good person, and you give more love to animals than anyone else I know.

 
At 11:31 AM, April 11, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh nooo! :( i'm so sorry too, and absolutely second what rebecca said. i send you e-hugs...

j

 
At 1:53 PM, April 11, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm sorry about your sweet kitty...

((hug))

 
At 4:39 PM, April 12, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so very sorry to hear about your dear kitty. Much sympathy and hugs. (from Daphne, whom you meet occasionally at clothing swaps and Applebox with Julie..)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home