Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Best Laid Plans

…to blog about my latest peeve went awry tonight. Though almost pleasantly. The usual co-worker who likes to chew the fat with me after all other colleagues have thrown in the towel for the night is out of town, but another coworker took her place, bending my ear for quite a while this evening. And it was a good sign, I thought, a sign of acceptance into the managerial club. So there went one hour, and grocery shopping after work took longer than I anticipated and I didn't even get items for the food drive into my basket this time. And then at home there were the coupla loads of laundry, dinner, chores--you know the routine. And suddenly it's past my bedtime.

What was I hoping to address tonight? I've been turning around a measured rant about that never-ending subject for me, parent friends and how children or lack thereof define our relationships and interactions, but that will have to wait for another night. I was also going to try to tackle a couple of other developments at work: another coworker's husband passed away last weekend, a young guy in his early 50s, and how that's affected many of us; and I'm hiring two people for my department. What a weird but interesting process that is! Having to decide on the relative merits of strangers and their skills in a one hour or so meeting. And I try not to think about it too much, but if I make the wrong decision, it could really make my work life much less pleasant. Hey, no pressure.

So that will have to do for tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home