Saturday, September 30, 2006

Adieu, September

It's been a really wild week--tired from Europe, Murray starting his new job, and then a huge company reorganization on Tuesday. I'll write more about that last bit next week, but for now I'll just say that I benefited from the changes, for the most part. Several friends were laid off, and I've been separated from the group I've worked with since starting at the company, and both of those things make me sad. Transitions are always a bit difficult for me, and I'm a somewhat anxious about the next six or so months. M's been trying to train me to use the word "excited" rather than "anxious." OK, so I'm excited about the next six or so months. I think I'll be even more excited later, after things have settled down.

*****

I'm finally getting more birthday celebrating in: last night M and I took the money his mother sent me as a gift and blew every last cent at Restaurant Charcuterie in Healdsburg. It's been soooo long since we've had a restaurant meal together that was more than take out and it was wonderful and I ate too much. And in just a few hours we'll be rendezvousing with a friend in Berkeley, then walking over to the Greek Theater to see Tom Petty. Next weekend is a bit more of a mutual birthday celebration with my grandma who was also born in September--I'll be going up to Washington to see her, and I'm very excited about that.

*****

Bon voyage to Eliza and Phil! Have a wonderful time, you crazy kids.

*****

Free Hugs Campaign, my new favorite YouTube video.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home