Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Dash Away, Dash Away, Dash Away All

So just an hour or so from now, M and I and our furry son should be bundled up in the Cadillac, hurtling toward his mother's home in Orange County. In order to leave tonight, M had to promise to drive the whole way solo--I knew there would be no way for me to help out after working all day. I'm looking forward to our time down there. It will be hard for me to do office work, I think. I have several books to choose from to accompany me. And we have activities planned: The newly refurbished Griffith Observatory on Friday, and a combination motorcycle ride/harbor cruise with his best friend. I pulled out my motorcycle jacket from the closet last night so I wouldn't forget it. I haven't worn it in years, it's just not cold enough here (though nights have been in the 20s lately) and I have the vegetarian-wearing-a -lot-of-leather guilt. But it smelled so…New York. I should get it out and smell it more often, it made me very happy.

I'm late, keeping my husband waiting, and I know he's anxious to get on the road. Merry Christmas, my friends and loved ones! I'll try to blog again as soon as I can.

1 Comments:

At 7:28 AM, December 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you all. Have fun in So Cal. love, mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home