Sunday, August 12, 2007

Sunday


Sorry, not feeling particularly creative today, so this will be brief, scout's honor.

I did spend a lot of time yesterday with my book, The Unicorn Hunt, another in the Dunnett House of Niccolo series. Yes, there I was escaping to imaginary 15th century Scotland and other Continental parts, which seemed like the only reasonable thing to do. It's been another long week, with the gloom of M's dreaded final final of the summer looming tomorrow, the one he failed last year. He studied all day yesterday and today, but appears discouraged this afternoon.

I did meet the Pointy Pals at our writing spot this morning, and got caught up on my work email, which will make next week much better. Two of the highlights from last week was making some appointments for my trip to NY and confirming my visit with grandma, both next month. Travel I'm really looking forward to!

I also spent a little time this afternoon going through my bead boxes. I haven't made any beaded jewelry in years, so I thought I would cull a few bags o' beads and give them to a friend of mine at work who makes lovely things. It was pleasant to paw through the bags of beads and findings and silk and glue, thinking of the classes I took at the Craft Students League in New York lo these many years ago. I did pull out a few beads and left them out on my craft table, telling myself that I would make a quick necklace with the glass shamrock beads I purchased in Portland last month. Right….

*****

Puppies are crying next door, which normally would be a happy thought. But, considering it's the hideous, shut-up-y neighbors who have apparently bred their pitbull bitch, she of the baleful yellow-eyed glare. Just what the world needs, more unsocialized pitbulls…

Time to go back to the book, or perhaps knit a few rows on the enormous bag I'll be felting. If it comes out well, I might try a felted laptop sleeve.

2 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, August 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When is your New York trip?!

 
At 10:59 AM, August 14, 2007, Blogger K2 said...

How did the final final go?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home