Thursday, November 08, 2007

Thursday Night

The visit with Dad and Ginny was lovely. Felicia came over for dinner Sunday night, so we got to hear all about her college exploits. On Monday M had to work, but Dad, Ginny, and I wandered the Petaluma downtown, had lunch at an outdoor restaurant by the river in the fabulous fall sunshine, then had a relaxing evening. I think I may have hooked Dad on melatonin. (I gave you full credit, however, Bro!) There are worse things. I did another weird thing--I didn't check my work email on Monday! And didn't regret it at all.

I felt a little behind at work all week, not being there on Monday. And maybe it's the weather and time change--darker earlier, colder, the clouds have settled on us a bit. But the feasting season has begun--I went to Whole Foods today at lunch to order the Thanksgiving turkey and the parking lot was unusually jammed. (I had to parallel park the Monster Mobile, it was nerve wracking--an enormous golden Cadillac horning its way to the front of the Temple of Crunchy PC Granolans! Trouble parking it would only confirm my wretched excess!--but fortunately I did it perfectly on the first try.)

I may also be a little sad because we finished watching the HBO series Rome. It was so good! We've only got one disc left for Six Feet Under, and are halfway through the last seasons of The Sopranos and Deadwood, too. Guess it's time to get hooked on another nighttime soap opera.

There's so much to do this weekend. A slack key guitar performance. A work colleague in MacBeth. And of course sleeping in. That reminds me, time to take my melatonin.

*****


"For Dedication and Contribution to the Small Claims Clinic"--I'm very proud of you, Paw.

2 Comments:

At 5:22 AM, November 09, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elizabeth with Helen Mirren was agood one.

 
At 10:30 AM, November 09, 2007, Blogger bren said...

Lookin' good, Mur

 

Post a Comment

<< Home