Sunday, January 06, 2008

It's a New, New, New, New Year

So, I was three days back at work this week, and then Sunday afternoon came, and it happened: I had a meltdown. Just a small one, just a few wimpy sobs in the shower. I'm really not liking work right now. But the crying helped, actually, and I was able to regain a little perspective, which I needed. I'm not dreading the office as much as I have been lately. I'm just going to have to suck it up and work weekends and find a way not to have it consume my brain 24/7. Maybe it's time to call the counseling hotline--work pays for it, after all...

So I took a little action to de-stressing end, inspired by my horoscope this week. Rob wrote:

Your main assignment in 2008 is to become highly skilled at feeling good…here's the beginning of a regimen you could follow: (1) Be constantly taking notes about what experiences give you delight and what situations make you feel at home in the world. (2) Always be scheming to provide yourself with those experiences and situations…

So I signed up for a continuing ed class at the local junior college, learning how to make fused glass--jewelry, bowls, and the like. It's five Saturdays in the spring, and I'm already feeling a bit more creative and delighted. The week before, Rob likened Virgos to a creosote bush--they feel they stronger by getting by with less. Which is kinda true, but he pointed out that it makes it hard for people to give us gifts, and suggested that we Virgos might be more like a nice tomato bush in the future, implying that bounty will be coming my way. So that's going to be my visualization, a lush and sprawling tomato vine, with lots of juicy fruit. Might also help to remind me to keep up one of my resolutions, the one about drinking more water.

M's birthday is Wednesday, as is my brother's, and we made plans to go out to one of our favorite restaurants. That made me feel better too.

*****

I've started a pair of slippers for myself (purple), and am contemplating what kind of decoration to add. Will it be pompoms? Bows? Felted flowers? A combination of all of the above? Well, I've got a couple of days to think about it.

1 Comments:

At 6:39 PM, January 07, 2008, Blogger Anonymous Me said...

I totally feel for your work-related stress, but it sounds like you have a good plan. Enjoy your class! I need to do something like that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home