Monday, March 24, 2008

Random Things I've Been Forgetting to Post About

Most importantly, I know you've been wondering--the biopsy on the polyp came back negative. So all is hunky dory and stress can now focus with laserlike precision on M passing finals and then taking the Bar. He's in his fourth-to-last class ever of law school tonight. He's excited about not being a student anymore, though I think he really loves it, but it's also a big change into the unknown for him. I know I haven't been helping--I've been antsy for him to get a real *&^##$ paying job for oh a couple of years now, no pressure. But I'm excited for him too and so proud that he stuck it out and is achieving something that took genuine perseverance. I certainly couldn't have done it…

It's been a particularly lovely year for flowering trees, and the trees (not sure what kind they are) in the parking lot at work have been depositing a veritable snowstorm of petals in the parking lot every day. I leave my windows cracked to keep the Monster Mobile aired, and when I open the car door in the evening, the seat and armrests and dash are strewn with round white petals. I suspect my luxury automobile waits long enough to make sure I'm safely upstairs and staring at a computer screen, then peels out of the parking lot and crashes the nearest wine country wedding, spending the day drinking champagne and dancing hava nagila the while I slave away to provide it with gas and insurance…


On the cliff
Originally uploaded by suzipaw
Sunday we drove out to beautiful Bodega Head. Not too much wind for the headlands and good visibility made for a spectacular and comfortable walk around the point. Buttercups, purple lupin, poppies, iris and white and pink iceplant were all blooming in pastel Easter hues. We were bad parents and left the dog behind at the house, but it was nice not to have to worry about his needs or finding a dog-friendly beach. The countryside is so lovely here in the spring, lots of happy cows lolling about in green pastures, old Victorian farmhouses, slow windy roads, stands of mysterious cypress. On the way home we stopped at a crusty old Italian restaurant in Valley Ford that's probably been around for nearly a century with a particularly dark and divey bar, where we ate while watching motocross on the big TV in the corner. M and I have been discussing whether or not to resume cable television service once he's done with school. It's the thought of spending too many hours on a beautiful day in a darkened room getting my brain sucked away for no good reason that has me voting against it.

It was funny--we found out later that at least three other friends were also out at Bodega Head at the same time we were, but despite the narrow, single loop of trail, we didn't run into anyone we knew.

Another good thing--M was a student rep for a Bar review company for lo these many years of school. If he sold three review courses, he'd get his for free, so worth a lot of dough. He finally closed his last one just a couple of days ago, thank goodness. Oh, I did have a new experience while at the Pine Cone on Saturday--I tried oatmeal for the first time! It was pretty good, for oatmeal. I think it's mostly just a vehicle for butter, dried fruit, brown sugar, and other tasty stuff. But like golf, my mind has come around a bit to something I always thought I despised. I leave you with this yay!: I'm starting my glass fusing class on Saturday.

3 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, March 25, 2008, Blogger elm said...

I have good, hot oatmeal almost daily and love it! Especially the brown sugar and walnuts. It would dreary without.

I like your galvanized plant containers. And, the Temple will be happy to put that 'no man's land' to good use.

 
At 7:32 AM, March 29, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sebastopol & O'Reilly made the NY Times today: plans for a wireless network opposed for fear of radiation. If there's anything to that, we are so screwed here in NYC.
Chandran

 
At 9:30 AM, March 29, 2008, Blogger Anonymous Me said...

I'm glad there are no more health worries - that's great news.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home