Saturday, March 08, 2008

Springing Forward

Well, not really. More like recoiling from work overload. It was a long and draining week, though satisfying in that both conferences went very well. I brought my "Head Girl" pin along as a joke, but did indeed wear it on Tuesday when I was the manager on duty for one of the ballrooms all day, making sure that everything went smoothly and according to schedule. And it all came off just fine, but it was different day than what I usually do while at conferences, and required a long, sustained focus combined with spending the entire day in a darkened ballroom--that'll mess with you. The weather, hotel, and view from my room were pleasant, food was decent, people kindly, though I did not actually get out to the swimming pool, unfortunately. Maybe next time.
I arrived home Thursday night and meant to do some work from home yesterday, but just couldn't. (I did look at my email today and luckily there were no emergencies that I neglected.) I remained mostly horizontal with my furry creatures about me, finishing off The Count of Monte Cristo. M and I went to Petaluma last night and had dinner, and that was about as strenuous as my day got.

Today is a lovely, spring-y day and I'm mixing in a few chores with work email and sitting around. Pansies are finally in the dirt, aphids on the Mr. Lincoln rosebush squashed to an orange smear, Meyer lemon sprout, which M unfortunately mowed down last week, dug up and potted for Mom to take back with her (she and Don are stopping by tomorrow on their way back from an arty weekend in the City). I resolved to clean out the disgusting toaster oven this morning (I really am a lame housekeeper) and as I dug in with a scrubber, I thought how wonderful it would be to just go out and buy a new one. But during the cleaning process, I dropped it! The control panel is cracked and one end of it has come away from the body, so I'm not sure if it's salvageable. Intentional, or not? Hmmm.

1 Comments:

At 6:48 AM, March 12, 2008, Blogger R. B. Patrascu said...

Oh sure.... you "dropped it"
Right. Like any of us are going to buy that old line! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home