Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I Give Up


I. Can't. I'm going to pull it out when I finish this post. Part of the giving up is the fact that if I felt it and wear it, because the alpaca felts up hairy, I'll look as though a green creature is perched on my noggin. Another part is that I wore my nice black beret in NY, and dang it was itchy--do I really want to spend more time creating another source of irritation? Another part is that I'm not even a third of the way through and I don't look forward to working on--it makes me sad that knitting addiction has gone into remission. And finally, it's those dang skinny needles. M and I watched a woman in Starbucks a couple of Sunday mornings back where he took me for coffee--she tucked her right needle under her arm and I thought maybe I could adopt that style. I tried it. It didn't help. So uncle. Life is too short. What shall I knit next?

*****

Misc. stuff: Started reading The Count of Monte Cristo. Like Heather, it felt like something happened with the weather these last couple of days and suddenly it was like spring today, which is always uplifting. Work has also felt actually manageable lately, which is a relief. A couple of homes on our block have gone into foreclosure, which is a little unsettling, but overall I do think it's a good thing that real estate prices have stopped their steep ascent. I did not watch the Oscars over the weekend, but M indulged me and we spent some time on People.com last night, clicking through the Best Dressed photos--the dresses are really all that matters. On a related note, a work colleague compared me to Cate Blanchett today, which I take as a great compliment, particularly since I do love her work, even if I don't always agree with her choice of roles or Academy Award gowns. Had a writers group meeting last night and as always enjoyed it, though I'm still racked with guilt for not bringing much to share this last year or two--it's not really fair to critique the work of others without reciprocation now is it, but thank goodness Rebecca and Julia have patience. Mom's coming for a visit tomorrow and I didn't have the energy to clean the house after work tonight, though I mustered enough neurons to purchase some new shoes while waiting for my Thai takeout. Best of all, M is feeling better.

2 Comments:

At 10:32 PM, February 26, 2008, Blogger Michelle said...

Glad to gear M is feeling better. As for the knitting, I have had to pack all mine up for a few months due to tendonitis, but I really feel your pain at having to undo all those stitches. That's something I really hate to do.

 
At 4:22 PM, February 28, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Important public service announcement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6ylxWcwkUM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home