Thursday, March 19, 2009

Brink of Spring

I want more rain, oh how I want more. But I won't let that inclement desire stop me from enjoying the weather all around me. M and I had our burgers out on the deck yesterday evening for the first time this year. We were treated to one of the best incidents of Rex hunting wasps ever--he hates them and vigorously pursues them with a particularly loud snapping action every chance he gets. Work has been overwhelming this week so I haven't been outside much in daytime hours of late, but I finally noticed that it looks like we'll have a bumper crop of acorns this year and the yellow rose bush is already beginning to unfurl a few blossoms. This morning I slipped on my disco sandals, a fashion first for this year. I also arrived at work with fingers stained green with the sweet blood of aphids--those little bastards are hot after my Queen of the Night tulips this year, not just my roses, and I indulged in a bit of bug squishing this morning before heading to work.

Looking forward to this weekend. I'm leaving work a scoche early tomorrow to attend a cocktail party at M's new office (what shall I wear?). On Saturday morning, I'm meeting Liz, Katch, and hopefully Rachel too to hike to a beach in Marin and then lunch together. It's been awhile since I've see those gals, so really looking forward to it. Not sure what's up for Sunday, but M has promised that he won't work over the weekend, so maybe more home projects. He did a great job installing new outdoor lights last Sunday.

What are your weekend plans?

4 Comments:

At 4:01 AM, March 20, 2009, Blogger K2 said...

I thought I'd clean out the garage, but we had snow last night.:(

 
At 8:35 AM, March 20, 2009, Blogger bren said...

I'm going to plant some iceland poppies,load the kiln, and then go to J&A for Alix's birthday gathering.

 
At 4:21 AM, March 22, 2009, Blogger K2 said...

I did clean the garage. Feels so good.

 
At 10:10 PM, March 07, 2010, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home