Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Shades of Green


Countertop
Originally uploaded by suzipaw
Our countertop guy called us to come in to look at the granite he picked out for us, which we did after work tonight. We love it! He chose the one with the palest greens, which is exactly what we wanted. Well, I can always do with more sparkles, but what can you do.

Speaking of sparkles, I finally found a long comfortable summer dress! (Sara, I think I was inspired by your orange number at the DOJ reunion last summer.) It's actually long enough for me, and has a hint of silver in the fabric. It makes me giggle a little--I can't help but think of Spock's mom in the original TV version of Star Trek. And I haven't actually been able to envision an occasion when I would wear it, though it would have worked nicely at the Wednesday Night Market (our local summer farmers market/street fair in our downtown area--great people watching) that we strolled through tonight.
I think much of my hesitation at being seen in public wearing this dress is the enormous green jewels, so I've been thinking of snipping them off. But…the manufacturer's tag suggests that the proper retail price should be $270 (I paid less than a tenth of that, oh Ross how I love thee) so obviously the designers are swanky. Therefore who am I to alter their creation?

Final item on the green agenda: I've been eating well, thanks to Mom dropping off goodies from her garden. I haven't been sharing any with M so far.
Lots on the agenda this weekend: I'm taking Friday off. Don't know what I'll do except for wait with bated breath for the delivery of the new sink and faucet. I should start cleaning out closets in anticipation of the new floors. Saturday night is a trip to the skate park to see our local roller derby team, the Wine Country Homewreckers, throw elbows at the ladies from Sacramento. Sunday is a road trip with the niece. It's also the first day of summer! How I love these long days…

3 Comments:

At 7:19 AM, June 18, 2009, Blogger Michelle said...

I love the dress!

 
At 8:01 AM, June 18, 2009, Blogger suzanne said...

OK, but should I leave the "jewels" or no?

 
At 4:42 PM, June 23, 2009, Blogger Kamala! said...

Definitely leave the jewels-they're gorgeous, and as long as you're going maxi, you should go all the way. Also, if you have time to comment freely on other blogs, seems like you could generate at least a new mini blog on your own site. Not that I'm being demanding or anything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home