Thursday, April 14, 2011

Ciao Santa Clara

It was a quick three days, thank goodness. M seems to be doing just fine without me, but still it's weighed on me to be away from him right after the surgery. Two pleasant things about this visit: I had take-out South Indian food for dinner last night, which always makes me happy. And, I organized two "meet ups" of women attending the conference. Of the hundreds of people who attend this event, we got most of them, about 25, together. They seemed to enjoy the networking, and I get to feel like I've helped make them feel more welcome, which may help correct the gender imbalance at our conferences in the hopefully not too distant future.

2 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, April 14, 2011, Blogger Kamala! said...

Good for you, Suz!

 
At 8:26 AM, April 15, 2011, Blogger bren said...

A worthy accomplishment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home