Sunday, December 11, 2011

Not Much of an Update

There's just not a lot going on, but I think that's A Good Thing.

I've been down to a couple of work-related parties in the City the last two weeks. M came with me to one of them during the first week of December and we had a good dinner at Farmer Brown after. He had jambalaya for the first time and I had grits for the first time (with pumpkin and pomegranate seeds--it was quite tasty), though grits are an awful lot like polenta. At the one last week, I had to give a little toast and hand out raffle prizes in front of the group, so I was a bit nervous. But it fit into my goal of speaking more, so I just kept telling myself that they wanted me to do well, they were excited about the gifts so very willing to put up with my babbling, and speaking is something I really want to do for myself so just do it. I think it went fine.

I've been wearing the Fitbit religiously, and that's been helping me be more active. I've gotten to the gym more and have resolved to walk the dogs on weekend mornings too, not just evenings. (I had quite a scare this morning while walking them in the field: Rex came across a neighbor cat that streaked off for home through a gap in the fence and across the road just as a car was coming, with Rex in full chase. Luckily the car saw them and slowed in time, but that really freaked me out. Rex of course was completely confused about why I scolded him.) The Fitbit is helping me eat a little less too, but I find that I'm just not willing to spend the time to enter in all of my food info. I know it's key to getting the full picture of my intake/output, but while the website has a fair amount of nutritional info, it's still a pain to try to figure out some of my meals, particularly dinners I make myself. I did come to the conclusion that if I gave up beer, I could take off weight much more quickly, but I'm not yet willing to do that. Too much good porter out there! I finally got on the scale a few days ago, and even though it was just a couple of pounds, it had moved in the right direction, which is saying something as season's eatings gets underway. And overall, I just feel better being more active.

I'm finishing up a bunch of knitting projects today and hope to be doing a load of felting this afternoon. Since a couple are Christmas gifts, hoping they'll all turn out OK! This was the first time in my knitting career that I had three to four projects all going at once. I like it. We're starting up the lunchtime knitting group in the office again, we'll see how long that lasts. I work with some amazingly good knitters, they're quite inspiring.



One more week in the office and then I'm out til the New Year! I am really looking forward to time at home. We went from having no plans to suddenly entertaining/visiting with all of the parental units after all, which is great. That all kind of falls in the middle of my vacation, so I'll have time to clean and prepare for it all without much stress.

3 Comments:

At 5:40 AM, December 16, 2011, Blogger bren said...

hi, let's see if I can remember my google account

 
At 5:48 AM, December 16, 2011, Blogger bren said...

Oh, my gosh, I did!
Lovely purse, my dear.
We would like to bring crab cakes to our Christmas eve dinner. What else?? What about a dessert? cake??
I'm knitting, working on clay wheels, reading, swimming, enjoying this lovely warm weather, and enjoying not cooking, etc.
Snorkeling has not been great, unfortunately. We tootled around the island in a golf cart one day which was great fun.
We return home Sunday. love, m

 
At 8:04 AM, December 30, 2011, Blogger elm said...

I think the title of your last post is no longer valid!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home