Sunday, June 22, 2014

Hello, Summer

Yes, I still need to finish the Hawaii post!

In the meantime, the days of my life continue to unwind in a regular rhythm. (Or do they wind up? Guess it depends on my perspective at the time.)

Work is a bit higher level of stress than I'd like it to be, but then again exercising my brain at a higher level is A Good Thing. Two people have left my immediate team, which was partly OK since one didn't really want to be there anymore, and that's just a drag to be around, but it also means a lot of extra work for me and the new gal.. We had three days of training with two different leaders last week, which was energizing in many ways too. I think a lot of the stress is just that things are changing, and trying to both absorb the changes around me while embodying change as well.

Weekends have been lovely.

M and I took a motorcycle ride to Napa and lunched at Oxbow Public Market, a place we hadn't been before.

We saw a good friend of M's twice: once at a performance of the SF Symphony at Weill Hall one evening for a really excellent Beethoven and Shostakovich program.

The other time we rode out to his lovely home (which actually bears a close resemblance to my dream home...) in Sebastopol. His wife is a talented artist, and was participating in an Open Studios tour event. I almost bought one of her works, but it sold before I could muster the courage--she charges artistic prices--to actually pull the trigger. Maybe next time. We continued on after the visit to have lunch in Occidental then over Coleman Valley Road to see the fog-wreathed sea.

Last Sunday, Mom and Don came down for a visit. We celebrated Mom's birthday the previous Friday and Fathers Day with a little gathering. Felicia, Erin, Jerilu, and Judith came over to celebrate. It was nice entertaining. We should probably do it more often, the house would probably be cleaner.


Yesterday was a lovely adventure: Sean and Caitlin invited us to a day of boating on Lake Sonoma. The day was warm but not unbearable, the dogs got along just fine, the water was beautiful. We cruised about, the men fished. We discussed the merits of boat-in camp sites. We saw mergansers (which Chavo tried to catch by swimming after them) and an osprey and pig tracks. We picnicked under an oak tree and lolled about in its shade. We imagined ourselves in the houseboats, the luxury yachts, the pontoon boats.



It was hard to see the water level so low, however.

And we continue to attend "church" irregularly. The theme for June has been forgiveness, so Sunday mornings have been extra thoughtful.

And now it's summer. I love the long days. The orioles and hummingbirds have continued to entertain us at the backyard feeder. We may have to add a few more.

Well, I should go pack. I'll be at a conference in Santa Clara all next week. Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, June 22, 2014, Blogger Brenda said...

I like the colors of Terry Sauve's work. I hope that Glori shares her photos with Ryan.

We'll try to do more to help you with your housework!!

 
At 8:27 AM, June 30, 2014, Blogger Brenda said...

Are you going to replace the 2 people that left?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home