Saturday, September 02, 2006

Fortune and Football


Let the Game Begin!
Originally uploaded by suzipaw.
I've been feeling lucky lately. A recent tab at Trader Joe's was $77.77. I've purchased lottery tickets and entered every raffle I came up against. And though I haven't won any of those prizes, it's been a very fortunate week. I was taken out to lunch not once, but twice by kind colleagues. And then another friend gave me two great seats for the last Niner preseason game! That included a parking pass! M and I were thrilled to go. It's so expensive to see pro football games that we just never do it. It was still spendy, in a way--gas and $30 for a hot dog, garlic fries and a couple of beers--but so worth it, and cheap considering what we would've had to pay to if I hadn't been given such a wonderful gift. Out and about on a Friday night! Football! Pro! Live! People watching galore! Only bummer was we didn't dress properly and I felt chilled for a long time afterwards, but I guess that's part of the charm of Candlestick Point.
chilly fans
*****

M is off to Bonneville tomorrow to see his best friend try to break another speed record or two on the salt with his custom Harley. I think I'd have a hard time baking on the flats for four days, but theoretically it sounds like fun. I'll miss him…

After I drop him off at the airport I'll stop off and see a friend in Berkeley, so I'm looking forward to a pleasant day.

*****


Happy Birthday, Ginny!

2 Comments:

At 5:29 AM, September 03, 2006, Blogger Anonymous Me said...

It gets cold in California in September? I didn't know that! I wouldn't mind a little chill right now. Hope you're having a great weekend.

 
At 9:01 PM, September 04, 2006, Blogger suzanne said...

Yes, it does get cold (relatively speaking--I'm sure my cousins in upstate NY would scoff) in the evenings here, particularly as one draws closer to the Pacific and the sea breeze picks up. Wish I could send a cooling wind your way!

Hope you had a lovely weekend too, and good luck with your new job!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home