Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Variety Blog

Reports from the field:

Mendocino Coast: "A Sea Ranch woman came face to face with a mountain lion on her deck!! So these guys are getting quite accustomed to us humans. Pauline from Victorian Gardens actually saw a lion carry off her pet cat. And when I was taking some pieces out to the lighthouse house last week, Janet told me that she saw a young lion cross Mountain View above our house. She thought it was a bobcat until she saw the long tail."

Bonneville Salt Flats: Though M's friend's motorcycle runs have been speedy (187 and 191 mph), they haven't yet broken their desired goal of 200 mph. Is it me, or does it seem crazy to want to go that fast on a motorcycle? But it's gotta be a rush.

(I'm so glad he's coming home tomorrow!)

*****

Prepare Ye Pastafarians! Talk Like a Pirate Day is approaching. So why not knit like a pirate?

*****

So I thought that I really get enough of this whole leftwingprogressive stuff when M is actually home, but I found myself watching the Daily Show and Colbert Report videos and poking around on his bookmarked blogs last night. I came across a questionnaire about one's Political Compass, and I'm happy to report that I'm in the same quadrant as Nelson Mandela and the Dalai Lama!

*****

Curious about Burning Man? My fab photog friend Duncan has just posted a great set of pix. (The whole Burning Man concept is a little too close to commune memories for me to enjoy, but I'm glad other people I respect find it fascinating.)

2 Comments:

At 8:28 AM, September 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You didn't enjoy your commune days??

 
At 10:13 PM, September 11, 2006, Blogger suzanne said...

I enjoyed some things about those days. But even as I child I didn't appreciate some adults feeling like living on a commune was so far off the grid that it was an excuse to shirk responsibilities. I get the impression that BM is like that too, in a way. Though it's for a very finite amount of time--maybe I'm being too hard on it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home