Sunday, September 10, 2006

Let the Travels Begin

It's Sunday. M's gone to his training near San Jose. I'm grateful for all the furry creatures around me tonight--a dozen additional feet tapping around the house make me feel a bit less lonely, though Rex, after staring meaningfully at the door for some time, has now taken to bed, staring into space. Little does he know he won't see his dad for two whole weeks! I think that's the longest they've ever been separated. Mom is coming down on Tuesday night to whisk her little granddog away until M's training is done since I'm leaving Wednesday for my conference in Brussels. We're wondering how he'll do. Of course we predict he'll be happy when on walks or beach adventures, but will mope most of the time. Or is that what we secretly want? What if he doesn't miss us at all? I do feel for Mom's cats, they'll be traumatized.

I had planned to work after M left, but a friend called and instead I met her for dinner and a movie, The Illusionist. I enjoyed both, particularly the company of my friend, though it hardly seemed like enough time to catch up with her.

I feel like I have a blog ranting against religion coming on, but it's going to have to wait for another night. Early gym class tomorrow morning, and many miles of meetings before I sleep…

1 Comments:

At 7:42 AM, September 13, 2006, Blogger Anonymous Me said...

I was just reading the review of The Illusionist in the paper this morning and thought of all the movies, I would see that one. Actually, I'd rather see Little Miss Sunshine, but it's not showing at a time I could even fantasize about attending.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home