Saturday, November 10, 2007

The Blank Wall of Creativity

I'm in the Applebox with Julia. I tried to start my creative writing project. Tried being the operative word. I got about three-quarters of a page in--journal page that is, handwritten, so a pretty slow start. I think I need to have more of a plan before beginning. It's hard to go somewhere when you could go just about anywhere. I'll blame it on being tired. And the rain. It's been so dark and gray lately. Though I did have a lovely start in the gym yesterday--it was 7:00 a.m., at the end of an aerobics class that I barely had the energy to drag myself to. We were finishing the cool-down stretches (Skipper does have a very soothing voice), and I was so glad I had gone. I felt like I had actually accomplished something even though it was only the beginning of the day, and I was grateful to be there, mobile, alive, strong, witnessing the transition from dark to day one more time.

Well, it's about time to go home, finish washing the incredible amount of laundry that has managed to pile up, make pumpkin bread and pesto with the basil Jay sent down, wait for M to come home from his study day. I'll have to pull the rubber boots out from the garage to walk Rex this afternoon.

We watched Pan's Labyrinth last night, and I recommend it. Made me want to learn more about Franco's Spain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home