Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Things Are So Boring…


…I'm posting a photo of my cheese drawer. But it is a thing of beauty, is it not? Two kinds of brie, including d'Affinois, which is akin to ambrosia. Slices, bricks, sticks. Something soft from Vella that our friend Sean brought over for lunch on Sunday (I neglected to check the name before I threw away the wrapper, unfortunately). Goat cheddar. Yes, it's time to focus on the small things, that's about all my brain can handle. Work is still kickin' my butt, but I am determined, determined! to remain creative and energized. I've been felting nearly manically, and actually, for the first time in a long time, happy with the results--I'm really enjoying my felted slippers. And dang they are warm! I'm now working on a beret, but it's on #3 needles, so it's not going to be ready for NY. But I will take my felted cloche, which I wore to work today, and I suspect that my new 'do is more becoming for chapeaux.

felted slipper
Originally uploaded by suzipaw


In other news: Had a nice day on Sunday when aforementioned friend and Mom and Don came over for lunch. Impending company meant we had to finally clean the house, which was looong overdue. Finished and greatly enjoyed The Namesake, which was also very inspiring, style-wise. I'm avoiding starting a new book, but I know I'll need to soon. Still diligently working on my hair curling chops, which sucked up a half an hour of my morning. I was evaluated at work today by my boss, which went fine; I have my own evaluations to dispense on Friday, so wish me luck. I'm really looking forward to my trip to NY. Brain fart of the week--I was up a little early one morning to put together lunches for me and M, looked up at the clock and realized I was going to be late to gym class…hustled into the car, rushed into class and it was only then that it hit me that I was actually a half hour early! All's well that ends well, I had a nice chat with the teacher and worked up a sweat on the stationary bike while she was setting up equipment for the class I usually take and it ended up being much better for my schedule, so I think I'll come early more often. Sent my snipped hair off to Locks of Love. Had not one but two good writers group meeting last week. Stopped off at the clothing consignment store to check on how my latest items freed from my closet were selling, and though they weren't out on the floor yet, found out that I was owed four bucks from the last batch, which I promptly put towards a pair of adorable but unreasonably high-heeled shoes. Spent much of the last few weeks grateful for all the rain but also wishing it would hurry up and get blue already. Not that I see the sky much all day, but it's the thought that counts, right?

9:30, my witching hour, approacheth. Til next month…

3 Comments:

At 6:38 AM, January 31, 2008, Blogger Michelle said...

I love the slipper! The flower is a beautiful addition!

 
At 4:49 PM, January 31, 2008, Blogger Kamala! said...

MMMMM, cheese!

 
At 3:58 PM, February 02, 2008, Blogger Anonymous Me said...

If I could make a slipper like that, I'd be so proud of it. Nice cheese drawer, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home