Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Unicorn in the Backseat

So I'm not sure if taking melatonin is making me dream so much more vividly that I remember my dreams, or if it just helps me remember them, but this one of the dreams I had last night:

I'm in my car, some sort of small SUV, not the Monster Mobile, in a parking lot and I realize that my unicorn is missing--the two skivvy looking guys in the car next to me are trying to abscond with it! But they're bumbling, and the unicorn is just sort of milling about in the space between our vehicles. So I fling open the backseat door and the unicorn jumps in, but its horn is so long that it doesn't fit and we can't close the door to make a quick getaway and the guys are trying to stop us as the dream ends. But even though the unicorn is white and small and shaggy and not at all accessorized like the unicorns I imagined myself to be in first grade--black, sleek, winged and jeweled--it's still my unicorn in my backseat.

1 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, January 18, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got your unicorn back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home