Saturday, February 02, 2008

An Unexpected Saturday Activity

The day started a little earlier than planned, thanks to Veronica's persistent, loud, and downright crotchety desire for her tuna breakfast. I paid some bills, started laundry, washed out a few sweaters in anticipation of the New York voyage on Monday, answered a little work email, talked to my mom and another friend planning a potluck tonight…and then M laid it on me: he's feeling diverticulitisy again. Not in an urgent way, but it's worrisome enough that he called the consulting surgeon who recommended that he go to the emergency room since he never found a regular doc. So here we are. The hospital is currently short on beds, so it's a long wait ahead. I joked we should have put off the visit til tomorrow afternoon so we could watch the Superbowl rather than Nickelodeon on the waiting room TV, but we thought better of it. So we'll see what happens. Hoping it will be treated effectively with oral antibiotics. Not sure if/how it will alter my trip on Monday, but I don't relish the idea of being so far away for so long when M's not feeling well. I'll keep you posted, Faithful Readers.

In other news, it was a long dang, dank, dark week, fraught with precipitation and 10-12 hour work days. But I made it to the gym four mornings this week, which is a goal I've been after for a while--of course, knowing that I won't be back in town to repeat that for almost three weeks might've helped my motivation. And I'm just about ready for the conference next week, thank goodness. Hoping weather doesn't mess with my flight plans, among other derailments. (What's the right way to phrase an air derailment? Declouded? Deskyed? Derunwayed?)

UPDATE: M was admitted to the hospital tonight. He's not in a lot of pain, but since the infection has recurred, it looks like surgery might be in the cards for him soon. East Coasters, my visit may be disrupted, unfortunately. Will post more when I can. So it looks like my Superbowl party will be in the hospital, woo! Jello all around.

6 Comments:

At 6:44 PM, February 02, 2008, Blogger Kamala! said...

Hope everything's OK, Murray! How about dewinged?

 
At 7:16 AM, February 03, 2008, Blogger Ginny Axtell said...

We'll be thinking of Murray and hoping that recovery is fast.

 
At 8:19 AM, February 03, 2008, Blogger Mark said...

sending good, healing thoughts. We hope you feel better soon.

 
At 9:18 AM, February 03, 2008, Blogger elm said...

Sorry to hear about Murray being sick. Hope it heals quickly. That is a worry! A.J.

 
At 11:58 AM, February 03, 2008, Blogger R. B. Patrascu said...

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery for M.
Hang in there, both of you!

 
At 12:14 PM, February 03, 2008, Blogger Sara said...

Sorry to hear that. We all here wish Murray a quick recovery.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home