Sunday, September 07, 2008

A Happy Friday


IMG_0310
Originally uploaded by may.carver
On Friday at work we received a message from a co-worker with the subject line "My Schedule" which usually means something along the lines of, "I have a doctor's appointment so I'll be late tomorrow," or I'm traveling on Wednesday so I'll be offline" or some such thing. Her message was that she'd be leaving at noon to get married! We knew she was engaged, but they decided to move up the happy day by about seven months. So my boss slipped out for flowers, cake, and a card, and we threw her a very quick little shower before her trip to the courthouse.

*****

Friday was also happy because it was Grandma's 99th birthday! I had been thinking of her even more than usual all week, particularly our last visit. It's always such a pleasure to visit her and while away the time catching up and talking about her life, farming, and other small town things. I'm looking forward to seeing her again this fall. My aunt and uncle were there to celebrate with her, and he sent along this picture.

Happy Birthday, Grandma!

3 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, September 07, 2008, Blogger LeLloyd said...

You forgot to mention that the roses are the ones you sent. They were simply fresh and gorgeous. They were even more so the following day when they blossomed out fuller. By the way, this is my first comment.

 
At 8:53 AM, September 10, 2008, Blogger Michelle said...

I just love seeing that picture of Grandma! I'm going to have to try and sneak away for her birthday next year- even if it is the first week of school!

 
At 5:04 PM, September 10, 2008, Blogger Kamala! said...

It is really wonderful to see her looking so well-I wish I knew her. You have good genes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home