Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween

...is Rex's birthday. He turned eight today. We sang "Happy Birthday" to him and he seemed to enjoy it mightily. The few trick-or-treaters we had really wound him up tonight (I think he assumed they were mail carriers in training) so I think he was feeling a little in need of parental attention.

We had a big party at work today--we invited everyone from the company to attend. It was my group's idea to have it, and it was wonderful watching people coming together to plan and decorate the space. Quite a few people came in costume. I wore a toga. It's been a crazy week, getting ready for a very important conference next week, but this was a nice thing to have in the middle of that storm.

M announced to me the other day that he wants to follow the path of criminal law. I'm glad he's settled on a particular area. My attorney-turned-childrens-librarian friend said she thought that criminal law was the most exciting, so I'm not really surprised he chose that specialty. Two weeks, six days, and twenty hours until the Bar exam results are posted.

We send in our absentee ballots this week. It was a great feeling.

Nanowrimo starts tomorrow. And my glass fusing class. Better turn in, I've got a lot of creativity to channel come morning.

5 Comments:

At 6:58 AM, November 01, 2008, Blogger bren said...

Happy belated birthday, Rex!

Tell Murray that I'm totally up on law and order if he needs any help solving his cases.

 
At 11:34 AM, November 01, 2008, Blogger elm said...

MAY THEY WIN! (That is Obama and Biden, also Murray''s clients)

 
At 10:59 AM, November 03, 2008, Blogger K2 said...

Ralph,
Are you still for Barr?

 
At 5:12 PM, November 05, 2008, Blogger Anonymous Me said...

A belated happy birthday to Rex. How come absentee ballots? Where are you absent from?

 
At 8:36 AM, November 06, 2008, Blogger suzanne said...

I like to take my time marking my ballot, so I've been voting absentee for a couple of years now. And because I travel so much, I never have to worry about missing an election--like this one! Not that I would have, but it's one less thing to worry about. I do miss getting the "I voted" sticker from the polling place, however. I wish the mail carrier would leave one when he picks up the ballot...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home