Saturday, October 18, 2008

Once More into the City


Presidio cemetery
Originally uploaded by suzipaw
I spent two days at a conference in SF this week. A nice change of work pace, and I didn't fall too far behind (it was another company's show). The weather has been utterly brilliant. The conference was held in the Presidio, a former Army post being converted to civilian and business use. Traveling down with colleagues the first day, we arrived *very* early--a bummer in that the coffee wasn't ready yet, but we did have an hour to wander around the buildings, former parade ground, and military cemetery, all with spectacular views of the Golden Gate bridge and bay. I forgot to bring my camera that day, but snapped this cemetery pic as we were leaving on the second.

M was up early to meet his friend Sean and head up to a gun range in Ukiah, manly men with their arms and ammo. He picked up new specs yesterday, so is confident his target shooting will reign supreme. Not that there's any competition or anything like that. So I was up early too and have already finished many of my chores. I'll be meeting up with my dear friend Liz in Berkeley this morning--we'll go into the City to see a somewhat long-lost friend's art project. The family of this mutual friend has a long and somewhat complicated history with our families, so Liz is feeling a bit of trepidation, as there's a good chance we might run into other members of the clan. I'm thinking it could be a fun little adventure and frankly I'm curious as to how our friend has turned out, I haven't seen her for several decades. And if it gets hairy, the gallery is close to Haight-Ashbury, so we can hie ourselves to some window shopping in that oh-so-hip part of town.

Also on the agenda for this weekend: garage and house cleaning, the library book sale (I need more romance novels), reading the four new chapters of Julia's book before our writers group meeting on Monday, fleshing out my character study. Hm, must be the start of the weekend, I'm feeling quite ambitious…

3 Comments:

At 5:16 PM, October 18, 2008, Blogger Kamala! said...

OMG! I have added Cute Overload to my favorites-I had to stop myself and get back to real life after realising that I had been on the site for half an hour. Sara-Chiara would love this.

 
At 7:24 PM, October 18, 2008, Blogger Kamala! said...

Sorry, Suz-I posted the previous comment on the wrong blog!

 
At 3:21 PM, October 20, 2008, Blogger jbird said...

That must of been a trip seeing the Krolls!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home