Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Happy Election Night!

I should be NaNoWriMo'ing but of course I'm watching election coverage. And listening to the people of San Francisco cheering on the streets below. It's very exciting. I was beginning to think that I might never see anyone but a white man in the white house. And there could be many worse things than that, but it gives me hope that we'll be able to choose people for elected offices and all kinds of other roles based on qualities other than color. Or maybe even gender.

Obama's speech is in progress, and is lovely. McCain's concession speech was very gracious--I wonder if the outcome of this election might've been different if he had been that gracious about three months ago. (On a completely frivolous note, I'm disliking Mickey O's choice of dress for this occasion.)

I meant to blog about this earlier: While wandering the rain-slicked streets last night in search of good Thai food I witnessed one of my favorite sights ever--a young couple approaching each other and throwing themselves into each other's arms. I had the pleasure of seeing the scene repeated with another couple on the way back to the hotel, Thai food having been achieved. I do love love--maybe that's what inspired me to try my hand at a romance novel.

1 Comments:

At 6:10 AM, November 05, 2008, Blogger elm said...

This is truly a happy day. I am sorry to add, but I must, now the hard work begins to try to undo the last umpteen years.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home